GLAM! ROCK! LUXURY!

Landeros A/W 2014
(A FFM EXCLUSIVE)

I was experiencing one of those days that I dreaded having to leave out the house because of it being cold and rainy. Overly drained, but not sick, I brushed away my sulking, and turned on my optimism bulb. I proceeded to prepare for my travels to midtown Manhattan to meet Andre Landeros Michel, creator and designer of Landeros New York

Greeted at the door with a much needed glass of Merlot, Andre's warm and lighthearted disposition made me forget about my personal chaos.  We began chatting as if we had known one another our entire lives.  It turns out that we know an abundance of the same people so chances we met once before is very likely.
 
After taking a few quick sips, and warming my bones, Andre proceeded to introduce me to his A/W2014 Collection.  Not that he needed to, neatly hung behind him, but demanding my attention were pieces made of fine cashmere, bouclé, mohair, leather, and wool crepe.  Oh, then there was the sheared mink, dyed fox, and sable. I found myself reaching for my glass to SOBER up (you heard me correctly).

 
Heavily influenced by the fierceness of early New York nightlife, the 80's and even street wear, Andre and I began to run through our top list of names who would eat this collection up. Style icon David Bowie, friend to FFM, JoJo Americo, and the ultimate host and performer Paul Alexander to name just a few.

If you were to only hear of the various components that make up this collection, you could easily assume that it sounds like overkill.  On the flip side, what's luxury without being a little excessive? Once dissected garment by garment, you can see the numerous statement pieces the collection beholds. Pieces that can be adopted into the closets of very diverse clientele. Those that are youthful or funky may focus on the graphic skorts, barring Andre's mantra Out Of The Strong Came Forth Weakness. While the more refine
 would gravitate towards the nicely cut, wider leg, loose fitting trousers. A yes, those came to SLAY would be running for the jumpsuits, or crocheted  harnesses, and 
neoprene cropped shrugs     
Andre Landeros Michel           



Andre explains the importance of this collection to him. He even admits to spending more than he wanted to to make it happen, but he smiles at the fact that he completed this project without compromise.  
         








































Written by: 
R. Reed

Comments

Popular Posts