Camping Out With Kampe

Just after posting my first write up on designer Michael Kampe, he actually reached out to me via facebook.  Although  I have always been a firm believer of speaking things it into existence, this took the cake.  Naturally, I did what any curious person would do.  Before accepting, I surfed through his profile pictures to see if it was actually him or just a mere coincidence.  Discovering that it was THE Michael Kampe, I reached out him to learn more about him and his blossoming career. 

Even as a youngster in Hamburg, Germany, Michael most likely knew that he was destined to be some sort of craftsman.  Because of his extreme fondness of graffiti and street art, Kampe began exposing himself more by going to galleries and various exhibits.  "These elements led to my decision to apply for a creative studies after
high-school. Since I started thinking of the development of products
and clothes, I cannot stop creating in my mind. It is a very fulfilling
feeling, so this is also what pushes me a lot," he explains.  

Although he is at the start of his path, This 23 year old already has a lengthy amount of accomplishments under his belt.  He graduated Magnum Cum Laude from the Royal Academy of Fine Arts with a Masters degree in Fashion Design, received the 2010 Diesel Award, and was a finalist in the Global Fashion (2010)and the Creative Europe Awards(2009).  If that wasn't enough, he also speaks 6 languages.
There is more to Michael than just design though.  In his spare time, he enjoys going to concerts(since his own death metal band Violent Monks split).  He also likes catching up on his favorite designers
Christopher Bailey and Raf Simons.  

Michael is currently working on expanding his own label KAMPE, so be on the lookout for him.

***And for other images of his work, be sure to read my first write up 

Comments

  1. So cool that he reached out to you. That trench is an art piece.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts