FLASHBACK OF THE SURREAL


I always find it odd yet amazing how the mind works, especially when it comes to dreams.  I simply love them.  I love waking up the next morning trying to dissect the seemingly weird occurrences that took place.  Last night was no different...

Prepping for bed in a pleasant mood from receiving such positive feedback on my recent write ups, mostly  about the artist Blaq Savage, I eventually dosed off.  In the dream, i recall speaking to several friends about how amazed the were on the pieces that Savage made.  We told one another which ones were our favorite pieces and like  how we looked forward to incorporating them into our wardrobes.  This is when things turned weird.  The pieces that many of us loved turn out to be the same.  Friends quickly became enemies and we all began to fight over who would who become the proud owner of the jewelry.  Things became even more strange.  Instead of  me being the laid back guy in jeans getting mad at my buddy, I had become this warrior dressed in over-the-top "clothing."  Set in the jungle, I fought several of my opponents as I ran to the top of this mountain to get to the treasure first.  The dream that lasted only moments, felt like hours, and by the end of this journey was morning.

Shaking my head as I started my day, one of the first things that I saw was this older editorial entitled Tribes, photographed by Rene Habermacher.  I haven't seen this in a minute.  Weird huh??? Well anyways, I figured the least I could do was share this gorgeous editorial with you guys as well.  Enjoy!!!



Comments

Popular Posts