BODY AND SOUL

VONTERIS WELLS 
Chats With FFM 

 Tall, extremely handsome and having an amazing body VONTERIS WELLS fits the mold of  what you often see on Fashion Forward Men, but what makes him different is his past, current path, and quest. And what he had to do to get to where he is now.  
   
I couldn't be more happy to have met Vonteris when I did, for he is currently entering  another chapter of his life.  MODELING!!! He himself probably never saw this coming. If you are asking why, let me explain.  A few years ago Mr. Wells was actually serving in the U.S. Military(Navy). After serving four years,
an ex-girlfriend suggested that he look into the image driven industry.  What I found amusing was that the young lady in question suggested this to him after they were separated.  Obviously valuing her opinion, and displaying openness,  Wells put the wheels in motion just a month later.  It was August 2012. 

Sure, this new voyage was suggested, but I wanted to hear from the man himself why he thought he stood a chance in a field dominated by caucasian women.  

"I'm hoping to make a name for myself in the industry as a fitness and underwear model. If other opportunities open up for me I'm interested in those as well.  he explains.

Although he is sculpted like a comic book Adonis, Vonteris will have to actually alter his physique. Currently standing 6'1, the ambitious gentleman currently weighs 190 lbs.  A size that is not commercial, or even relatable to the masses, or the designers casting for most underwear campaignsYes, I know it's hard to believe, but this well built tower of a man will actually  have to lose mass in order to be taken seriously.  Thankfully he recognizes this and is taking the necessary steps.  Obviously loving fitness, he no longer competes in fitness tournaments, but he still continues train others.   

Practically a military brat and because of V.W. being a man  with numerous relatives in the south (Atlanta), I think he has mastered the essence of revealing himself in a very discreet way(and because of me being raised in the same area, I recognized this). He leaves me, or in our case, the reader as well as me the writer to draw own conclusions about him.  I threw several questions his way, but many he chose not to answer. I strongly detect of mysteriousness.  
It was the Navy that caused Vonteris to move to LA.  A refreshing change I am sure, but dreams and new goals don't always fall into place as soon as we ever want  them.  When he is not jumping obstacles to make a name for himself in modeling, Wells shares that he is also in school full time studying Psychology
Everything however isn't work, work workIn his down time he is either playing video games, hiking, playing baseball, and we all know by now that he works out.  What I am not telling you is that he also shares that he really isn't the cleanest person.  And with all the strenuous activities he does on a regular basis.  Lets just hope that he has sense enough to open to windows to keep fresh air coming through.  
 (but maybe he will clarify this issue up once he reads this).
  
   Trying to imagine the particular taste of a military man, turned model may not be a apart of everyday curiosities, but because of me wanting to know more about Wells, it of course popped in my head.  
  
"I'm just a tee shirt and jeans guy.  I don't really dress up.  I'm more into shoes (he laughs).  I love Jordans and Air Max.  If I had to pick a clothing lines it would probably be H&M, and Levis jeans.  I'm a real simple guy."
 Now that we are in 2013, its full steam ahead for the 32 year old.  Currently he working on some more sexy under wear shoots with a few photographers. But not to worry, he explains that he will  always continue to  make time spend time with friends, and go to the movies.  One of his treasured escapes.  

You may even see him reapprearing in an Exclusive on Fashion Forward Men.  
***STAY TUNED!!! 
 
Written by Rudy Reed
  

Comments

Popular Posts