Sharing is Caring




A MESSAGE FROM YOUR SITES CREATOR...

I'm no stranger to NYC but because of me being away for a number of years, it has  even taken me time to adjust slightly.  But just like riding a bike, I quickly gained composure and prepared for the ride.  

Due to me being preoccupied  styling shoots, I have been torn away from FFM more than I wanted.  For all of you faithful readers who have missed my presence, I truly apologize, but for the moment, I'm back.  And with exciting insider
info I bring.  


These past few months, I have had the pleasure of working with some amazing models.  Some new to the scene, and others who are well known, and are now pretty seasoned and far into their modeling ventures.  


 
When on set, I am always taking pics of clothing and behind the scenes images.  . So much so that my phone storage has reached capacity time and time again.  

So instead of me trying to figure out what to delete, and what to save, I have decided to share them with you guys.    

BASEMENT BLUES
Although spur of the moment, this shoot was a great deal of fun. Having a "blue" moment, I paid a visit to my favorite showroom, and pulled from a line that I wasn't very familiar with, 5Preview.  Fun, Fashionable, Sporty, and Comfortable, 5 Preview's S/S 2013 collection is one that I can see man people wearing.  And for our women readers, yes... the label produces  clothing for you as well.  

Captured in various spots in Harlem, the story was shot by Haley Ballard and features Taras of Re:Quest Models.   Other lines used for the shoot were Calvin Klein, Converse, Soulland, and a few others.  Recently released, be sure to check out the full story at: 
http://www.vagrantmag.com/ 

DIRTY DENIM
 I am looking forward to seeing this story in print.  Picked up by the cool new publication Adon Magazine for their next issue, the story features the handsome, and highly energetic Michael Lewis of Re: Quest.  This would be my second time working with Michael, so I knew that he would bring just the right emotion needed to make the story believable.  Paying homage to two men I adore (James Dean and Tony Ward), Lewis was perfect.  

Lines used for this project were: Robin's Jean, Billgren accessories (if you haven't heard about them.. check it out), Topman, Henrik Vibskov, and others.  Shot by Haley Ballard, the editorial was captured at a studio in the heart of SOHO.  
FROM THE SHADOWS
Always loving the "unconventional" looking model, I was happy to style a shoot featuring well known model Gianluca Di Sotto.  The stars were obviously in our favor for this collaborations because Di Sotto is a very busy man.  Thankfully for us, he was in New York and available to shoot.  I have followed Gianluca's career for a little while now, and what I quickly learned about him is that his personal style is pretty amazing as well.  The image above was actually how he showed up on set.  I loved it.  So much such I was trying to keep the croc, snake, alligator and leather boots he strutted in wearing. 

I was inspired by darkness and mystery when it came to the clothing.  Infusing futuristic but chic aesthetics, I looked forward to seeing Di Sotto in the looks.  Wearing both Fall 2013 clothing from lines such as Asher Levine, Vivre Désir, Topman, Janet Zheng, Bobby Day, and Robin's Jean, Gianluca was amazing on set.
  Picked up by Adon Magazine, the story will be ran a liittle later in the year.

REIGN ON ME

  Marcus Hauge (Major Models)  is another model that I have the pleasure of working with more than once. Following direction very well, the laid back model from Texas displays nothing but professionalism on set.  

The first shoot, Reign on Me, was captured by Mario Miotti.  A trooper, Marcus was captured in ten looks, and remained energetic the entire day.  Hoping to take fashion fans on a journey, and to satisfy many tastes, the flawless fresh faced model (no makeup was used) wore looks that are recognized as street wear to looks upscale and dapper. A few of these very diverse brands that made this shoot what is was are Blake Hyland, Oumlil, Religion, Ninh Collection and many others you will have to see in a Fall release of Kenton Magazine

Only two weeks later, Marcus and I ended up working together once again.  This time is was for UNvogue Magazine.  Paired with model/singer Jamison Murphy(Major), and captured by Harol Baez,  I was asked by the magazines editor,  to style them in more of a punk/grungy way.
 Often times stopping traffic, the two models did a fantastic job, and exposed a bit of skin to unexpected passerby's in the Financial District.



-RUDY REED





 





Comments

  1. Great styling! Liked it and also this post brought good ideas in my mind related to clothing style! Quite inspiring post! All the pictures are superb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i appreciate that... these are all behind the scenes images, except for one, but I still appreciate the kind words

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts