SHADOWS REQUIM

THE DARKNESS OF MARIO C.

 I had been wanting to share this editorial with you guys for some time now, but I decided to let KW Report hold onto it a bit for exclusivity purposes.   

When it comes to certain aesthetics and viewpoints, me and photographer JD Barnes have always managed to surf on the same wave lengths, whenever we collaborated.  Thankfully our stars remained alined when it came time to shoot SHADOW'S REQUIEM.  

As I reflect, I realize that model Mario Alberto Castellano weighed in heavily on my influences.  Sure, at this point, me and Mario hadn't met face to face.  Thankfully because of online portfolios and comp cards, I was able to see if he would be right for the shoot.  Its obvious he was.  

Though his image comes across somewhat eerie and dark, Mario was very cool to work with.  He was very chill, and sometimes even meek.  Though patient, you could see that he was there to work and do what needed to be done.  Scheming through the racks of clothing for the shoot while JD worked on lighting, the svelte models eyes began to light up as his long narrow fingers touched the creations made by designers Armani Collezioni, Henrik Vibskov, Priestess NYC, and Mercura Sunglasses (to name a few).  My job as a stylist was done... 

-Rudy Reed

Comments

Popular Posts