Rudy's "Reeds"

Rants, Raves, and Catching Up
Hello all, I know its been a hot minute since my last venting session, but I'm back... A great deal has been happening... some good, some bad, and some just down right blah...
First off, I want to thank the new readers/visitors that has discovered the site.  I hope that you are enjoying it.  As you know, not only do I try to hit you with the most inventive looks when it comes to mens fashion, but I try to be your informant as well. 

Now back to one of the main issues at hand...  A great many people in the Atlanta area have been asking  me why didn't I attend the Atlanta Fashion Awards.  Literally, after a day, it became simple decision.  I DIDN'T WANT TO!!!.. I knew that it was going to be a mess, and as my informants told me, it most certainly was...

  I was invited as a guest to one of the events presenters and was somewhat excited about going until I heard the entire story.  Here's the deal... my friend/presenter was asked to do this only days before the actual show because the committee/board basically forgot to nominate him as one of the talents.  This is a man who has made a pretty good name for himself and his craft in the Atlanta area, and these bozos completely forgot about him until someone mentioned his name in a conversation... A MESS!!!
 
Another aspect of the show that left an awful taste in my mouth was that one of the nominees has only been designing for 5 1/2 months, and made the ballot.   REALLY??? No disrespect, but  how can you put a newcomer in the same category with those who have been doing this for years?  have you allowed yourself time to see what this person is fully capable of doing?  I think not.  This incident alone made this and other categories inconsistent.  

 A wise man said that often times your reputation tends to follow you... Though I  believe this to be somewhat true, I also believe that everyone deserves a second chance.  But in this case, I had to follow my gut and back out at the last minute.  And after hearing that this show started two hours late( I won't get into why), I knew I made the right decision. 

Moving on, I just wanted to let you know that I am trying my best to squeeze in two more Fashion Forward It-Guys in for the Snapped & Caught series before the year ends.  Both of these guys are not only stunning, but have a great deal to say about style and other things.  

In the near future you will see more collaborations of my work with the talented yet funny photographer Greg Brown, my freelance work with Vagrant Magazine, tons more editorials, eye candy and more... So as always, stay tuned...

***Don't forget to follow me on twitter at http://twitter.com/edgyfashionguy
and facebook www.facebook.com/fashionforwardmen

Comments

Popular Posts