FEELING PATRIOTIC

TARAS SEREDA
in
 BASEMENT BLUES

Call it fate, destiny, or just great casting, I was just fortunate enough to style model/artist Taras Sereda (Re:Quest Models) for this shoot.  

It kinda happened by fluke to be honest.  Deciding to get out the house one day (a Thursday)due to boredom, I hopped on the train and headed to the village.  Naturally, the walking led me to becoming a tad bit parched.  So with that, I popped into a bar to get a happy hour cocktail..  The glass of wine served as unexplained motivation.  I say this because, I was intending on taking a few days off from doing shoots because I felt my body tiring, and aching from doing so many prior.  

I made a quick phone call to my favorite showroom in the area and was given the okay to stop in to pick up a few things.  After picking up the clothes,i called photog Haley Ballard to see if she was available to shoot that weekend.  With very little time to prep, I was happy to hear she was able to do this.  And although she was, we still had a slight problem. We didn't have a model.  Contacting a few agencies, we managed to confirm Taras on very short notice.  

Inspiration can sometimes come from the strangest places.  On this day, I was inspired by the color blue, and for some reason, the 4th of July.  Listening to the voice in my head, I gravitated towards the 5PREVIEW and Soulland collections in the showrooms.  

The shoot went off without a hitch.  Know for his somewhat awkward poses, Taras made the already cool shoot even more interesting.  The story was sent out, and managed to be picked up and ran in three different printed, and online publications including Vagrant and Papercut.  Moral of the story... When you hear that voice speaking in your head, LISTEN TO IT!!!
 

 Stylist: Rudy Reed 
Photographer: Haley Ballard
Model: Taras Sereda
MUA/HAIR: Natalie Miller
Photog Asst. Marcus Cooper


Written By: 
RUDY REED
 


Comments

Popular Posts