BEHIND THE SCENES WITH STEVIE BOY

Three weeks ago, I was given access to take behind the scenes footage of an amazing shoot involving the talented Stevie Boi of SB Shades, and photographer Elvis Piedra.  With so much on his plate as of lately, I pounced at this opportunity to catch up with him and to learn about his latest accomplishments.  

Arriving to the set on time, I was surprised to see that Stevie Boi was already in the chair getting his makeup done by Brandon Richardson. Impressive, I thought to myself, being that he was just leaving another shoot and very pressed for time.  After breaking the ice with usual lines of "Hey, how are you? Nice to finally meet you (my first interview was via email). Love your work" chit chat, the true Stevie Boi quickly came out.
 Although his favorite drink Moscato wasn't present, the outspoken designer went right in when asked about his showcase with Atlanta based singer Khandi.  Throwing me slightly off guard, Stevie chose to be real and discuss his frustrations with the ordeal.  The comments weren't geared towards Khandi in any way, but was more about the manner in which hotel accommodations or lack thereof (with discussed parties) took place.  

Not trying to get in Brandon's way, I ceased with my personal questions and attempted to allow them to get back to what they were doing, but Stevie had become full of cordial talk.  Aside from the club appearance with Khandi, and the previous shoot that he had just left, I learned that Stevie Boy had also done a shoot with Lisa Wu Hartwell (Housewives of Atlanta) for VIBE magazine.  "She wasn't really my favorite on the show, but she seems ok in person," he says.
Finally out of his chair, and in front of the lens the designer stretched and contorted his extremely long slender  limbs and did what needed to be done to get the best images.  Elvis gave him very little direction, and things went off without a hitch, with the exception of the detector going off because of the smoke machine.  
Sitting together for about ten minutes, it was now time for me to ask Stevie Boi all that I could before he had to run off to his next appointment.  Taking a different approach to this I decided to video the interview.  It was very last minute so don't throw me into the fire for it's quality.  I do hope you enjoy the interview though.  



***TO KEEP UP WITH ME FASTER, FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER http://twitter.com/edgyfashionguy




Comments

  1. Why does this interviewer sound so shady towards Stevie?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loveee me some SB i have like 25 pairs of Sb's lost count. But the interview is interesting.Keep it up Stevie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LMAO.. I love Stevie.. I wasnt trying to be Shady at all.. HAHAHAHA.. Thats sooo funny

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts