"Rudy's Reed" (A MESSAGE FROM YOUR SITES CREATOR...)

PROPER WAYS

Hey guys, hope all has been well in your worlds, and are enjoying this holiday weekend.  For the most part mine has been very good.  I do have an issue that has recently happened that has gotten under my skin a tad.  

In this industry, as well as others, I find it appropriate to be honest yet stern.  That doesn't, I repeat DOESN'T mean being rude.  So here's what happened.... I recently spoke to a potential model whose look I found interesting.  I asked if it would be possible to do a collab, and he seemed to be fine with that.  He did however ask that I approach his agent (someone I know of), and make arrangements.  Following protocol, I did just that.  

The concept of the shoot was pitched and the agent seemed to be on board with moving forward.  We were even working out and confirming the date.  It wasn't until the agent learned who the photographer was that he changed his tune.  Now don't get me wrong, the agent is well in his right in changing his mind about this,  but I felt the reason was bogus.  Apparently he didn't like the style of this photographers work, and yes, that happens.  Truth be told, I don't like a great many of the sessions that he has actually allowed his models to participate in, but my opinion is that, my own.  
The problem became worse because of  a model that I previously worked with was approached by this "new to the game" agent and began saying less than nice words(in the models opinion) about the photographer and even a few about his image(physique).  That's where I really got a little upset.  You are talking badly about a man's work who has been in these business for years, and you are new on the scene.  Not to mention you are telling a model things about himself that you shouldn't be.  He isn't with your agency, so why would you?? Do you really think that this was appropriate in your attempts to become his new representation?? I THINK NOT!!!

I applaud everyone who is trying to make something of themselves, but people, have a little tact when approaching strangers.  I believe in the 6 degrees of separation, and you may never know who knows who in the field, so watch what you say.  All the best. 

Comments

  1. Very well said... I alwas find it to be honest from the get go so that things wont come back to bite you.. I know even of friendships that has suffered from such actions

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree with you. You have to watch what you say and who you say it to, ESPECIALLY in the fashion, and art industry.Everyone knows someone or has worked with someone. If you are not a fan of someone's work, still be respectful. When you bad mouth someone, chances are it will come back to you much worse. It's one thing to be honest, but it's another to be mean and mean isn't cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for that CoutureNeger. I love your input.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts