CHEERS...HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME

FASHION FORWARD MEN CELEBRATES ITS 2nd YEAR 

     Because of fashion, I put my first love of writing on the burner.  Although tough, I managed to make more time to do what I was missing.  And with that, Fashion Forward Men was born.  At first it was just me sharing my thoughts (and frustrations) on how the south's fashion sense didn't quite equal their bold risk taking counterparts from the north and abroad.  Next was me paying homage to the designers I loved.  I enjoyed showcasing their current collections, projects, and informing on what was to come.  May not seem to be much, but I found it therapeutic.  

     Surprised, I began receiving feedback from my friends as well as followers who related to what I had to say.  Through facebook,  I started having lengthy chats with people on a variety of topics, and what we thought was hot.  Taking note of this, and realizing that there are others out there with my viewpoints, I decided to add more to the site.  As a stylist, my original intentions were to write solely  about the amazing talents behind the scenes.  Often times models are the first to be praised, but if it weren't for the designers, photographers, hair and make-up artist, the finish product would never come to be.  Fully aware that models were just the "face" of the projects, I still wanted to know more about the artists themselves.  I wanted to know what made them tick... their influences, motivations and other parts of their lives to help us better understand them.  All the while allowing us to better understand their work.  

As of lately, I have been approached by photographers, models, and designers asking me how can they be featured.  I never dreamt this would happen.  All these individuals have a voice that wants to be heard, and I think its amazing that they are asking me to assist with the broadcasting.  A great many of these artists I have written about has brought me great joy.  Having the opportunity to do collaborations with some of them has made it even better.  
In this second year, I have some special treats for you guys.  Just around the corner will be a feature on  amazing photographer Eniko Szucs.  She will tell us how she got started, and what motivates her.  Eniko's work has been featured in Vogue Italia,  Industry, Marie Claire India, and Elle Decor magazines.
(Eniko Szucs)

The fashionable men of the Snapped and Caught series will also be returning. Be prepared to see and meet new guys from all over the world who made the cut in this very selective group. FFM exclusives will also be brought back.  I want to thank you guys for showing so much admiration on my personal works.  
 
Attempting to expand just a tad, I want to include a few helpful write ups about skin care and grooming.  I am in talks with Stanford Smith, creative director/founder of The Smooth Skin Company. The piece will touch on how he got started and helpful tips he has for us to look our very best.

The ongoing relationships I have developed with certain talents will continue to appear.  Be sure to check in on Fashion Forward Men favorites: Bob Burkhardt, Jo Jo AmericoScooter LaForge, Jerris Madison, Tomik Dash, Elvis Piedra, Kayrene Kelley, Chris Rich, Lee Gregory (and many more) to see how they are continuing to flourish.



Once again, thank you for all you support.  This blog would not be what it is without your loyalty.  Have things you want to see??   I am open to any suggestions and critiques.  Feel free to drop me a line with you concerns fashionforwardmen@yahoo.com




Comments

  1. Happy Bday Rudy! Don't forget how much you've made happen for yourself as well! A true innovator on the ATL fashion scene!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts