WALLPAPER FOR YOUR CLOSET

It's funny how people try to laugh at you when they first  see things out of the ordinary, and then when it gains mass exposure, they either shut the hell up, or try to pick up the look themselves.  look at straight men                                                           when it comes to fitted clothes or pencil leg jeans.  Face it people, trends trickle down.  

  Almost a year ago, I was called out for wearing an apron in one of my shoots, and though it was ON POINT, I got pissed (because I'm an artist and I'm sensitive about my ish...). The person who I consider a friend left a message for all to see.  Could it be they were "hating" because they didn't think of it first, I don't know,  All I do know is that the person seemed to have a problem with me taking an unconventional item, and turning it into something fabulous.  It bothered me at first, but quickly got over it.   

Anyways, Check out Yannick Mantele in this mass published editorial for Wallpaper Magazine.  
***Notice, he has an apron on in one of the images. Sure, Wallpaper is known mostly for its home decor, but they do throw splashes of fashion in all of their issues.  People don't sleep on this magazine.  Its AMAZING. 

Comments

Popular Posts