ICONIC TANKS

Illustrator, Animator, Designer
GLEN HANSON 
Shares his latest project with
FASHION FORWARD MEN

Just when I thought I had covered the majority of the true talents that really makes the fashion industry run, I soon realized how mistaken I actually was.  Doing my best, I take pride in writing about the man/woman behind the garment, and not just the garments themselves.  The photographers, the wardrobe stylist, the designers, the true trend setters...But what about the illustrator?  Alfonso Gaitan was the first and only illustrator that I have ever written about.  And that was done in June of 2010.  How neglectful of me.

Someone who has been on my radar for several months now is Glen Hanson.  As a lover of cartoons and anime, I found myself coming to love his illustrations a great deal.  Just when you think the majority of what he does, is bold, and highly sexual, he surprises you and does something quite wacky and comical.  His range his extensive.

After doing a bit of research on the artist, I found myself very surprised at the amount of his work I was actually familiar with.  Having done projects for Maxim magazine, Mattel, Sunsilk Hair Products, MTV, British Vogue, and Wall Street Journal, one can say that he has been a presence in most of our lives already, and we didn't even know it.


Maybe its for his large amount of fans, or maybe because of the longing to start a new venture, Hanson just  placed two of his popular caricatures on cotton tanks.  These chic tanks that feature Karl Lagerfeld, and Anna Wintour, are one size, and are custom cut offs.  For only $65, I suggest that you grab a hold of one of these must haves before they are gone.


To order,please send emails to
glenhansonto@yahoo.ca
and be sure to visit his site at http://
www.glenhanson.com











Comments

Popular Posts