CLEONS SPRING/SUMMER 2013


Last night, I had the opportunity of viewing the Spring/Summer 2013 collection of CLEONS.  And from my understanding, this was the first time designer Chad Leon had a show in New York.  

In this day and age, bloggers(especially those who write about fashion)now hold a certain level of impact and persuasion when it comes to changing the public's mind about a collection.  We sit in audiences taking notes on various looks, then retreat back home or nearest coffee shop... tapping away on our computers,informing the public about what we just witnessed.  And while a great many of our opinions are respected, it is unfortunate that the sometimes negative post tend to outshine the more positive highlights of an artist career.  

With that being said, I only hope that the readers of Fashion Forward Men are mature enough to know that the opinions stated in all posts are mine alone, unless otherwise stated.  


For his presentation, entitled DESTRUCTION, Chad took his audience members on a journey with his designs.  The first group, called Buckle, gave the feel of post apocalyptic darkness and power.
Although I understood the direction he was going, I found myself becoming distracted by the finishing and slight fit problems I was seeing.  I was worried.  If I were seeing these "issues," that means that others would as well.

As the show progressed, the pieces moved from the more theatrical, to more wearable. And to be honest, the craftsmanship of the garments even became better. I now found myself becoming less tense and less fearful of having to possibly write a review that would rip this man to shreds.
After Buckle, came the 
Swimwear group.  I found this section to be well rounded.  Whether it be bikini style, or board shorts, the collection offers a variety of prints and colors that will appeal to diverse tastes.  

Nautical was the last group of the collection.  And an unconventional group it was.  Instead of blue and white normally associated with the term, CLEONS used purple, yellow, and iridescents.

Overall, for his first New York show, I would say that Chad did a nice job.  Although young, I found myself surprised at the number of cool jackets (a highlight of the show) that he made. So much so that  I look forward to seeing what he will do next.

To get a better feel of CLEON,  be sure to visit their site at:
http://www.cleonsclothing.com
















Comments

Popular Posts