SNAPPED & CAUGHT

Fashion Forward-It Guy
TOMIK DASH
Depending on how long you have been a member of this site, you may already know that my main mission is to inform and entice you... And after reading
the title and looking at the picture above, I can honestly say that I
have already achieved just that, but if you allow me to, I would
like to fulfill your curiosity just a tad bit more.

When I first became aware of Tomik Dash, he wasn't even Tomik. In fact he
went by a different name all together. A name that I promised I would
not mention in this piece, but what I will say is that even that name
was not his birth name. And if you are anything like me, you are
probably saying to yourself "he is giving me to many things... how
many names does one person need. He must be a handful.” Okay,
maybe you aren't necessarily saying this, but I will confess I sure
as hell did. It's weird the way that life work sometimes. Mr. Dash
and I traveled in practically the same circles and have even chattedon several networking outlets for a lengthy time, but we actually
never met until this year. But even before I met this mysterious
creature face to face, I would say I got to know him very well, and I
will admit he put all of my prejudged stereotypes to rest before
hand.

Bra...err, I mean Tomik is more than just a pretty face, in fact, he is a man of

many talents. But before I go any further, let me answer an
internal question some of you may be asking. Yes he is a model and
yes it was Tomik who you saw in one of the more recent shows of
legendary designer Betsy Johnson. Aside from Miss Cartwheel Johnson
herself, he also has a few other top designers/lines under his belt
ranging from Energie, to Sean John, to Royal Underground, and lets
not forget Wish and Bill Hallman which are two of the most known
boutiques in Atlanta (where he now resides).

Just like me, Dash relocated back to Hotlanta from New York. And although
we had different reasons, we definitely saw eye to eye agreeing that
Atlanta is still lacking a certain level of fierceness. “The Atl.
social scene is so clicky. In NYC, San Fran, Seattle, and Miami, you
can walk up to anyone in a bar or club, introduce yourself and know
the entire life story of their party before the night is done.
People mingle...In Atlanta if you say hi to somebody, they look
around at their friends for approval (hence why I call it fake black
Hollywood),” he says obviously now pissed.

Time had progressed, and while I continued to go about my day paying no attention to the fake and wanna-be-fabulous around me, Tomik decided to do something about it. By this time not only was he modeling but to my surprise, he had become a hair colorist. Aside from that, what made me really
applaud him was that he started his own party PUSSYTHROB. Yes folks
beautiful folks have brains and when most of them get annoyed with
things, they know how to change things to work in a better manner for them...Lol.

Naturally he would have to have some type of common ground for all of his
followers to relate, so I asked what the scene was like. “
PUSSYTHROB is a party held once monthly and contains a variety of
edgy open minded individuals ranging from black to white, to straightto gay, to even transsexual. I hate Nikki Minaj ( he takes a breath), so you won't hear hear playing for us to boost her over
exaggerated career, but I do like Incubus and Citizen Cope. The top
3 albums I have in rotations right now are Passion Pit, Vampire
Weekend, and Kid Sister,” he adds.

The spikey mohawk beauty may spend a hot minute in the mirror to perfect
his hair on a daily basis, but asides from his tresses, he loves catching up on his favorite designers Rick Owens, Rad Hourani, and Gareth Pugh. And just when you think he doesn't have enough time in
his day, he still has time to write on his fashion blog: http://www.vintageclothesdesignerdrugs.com/.

 








Comments

  1. You already know I'm loving this! Mr. Dash is a wonderful,kind person that just happens to be in the fashion world... He definately doesn't let that define who he is as a person. I'm looking forward to going to one of his parties...Just the name of them alone screams creativity and "Get yo azz down here"...Great pictures, great write up.... I applaud and send kisses to you both!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts