Keep Your Friends Close, and Your Contacts Closer

Rudy's "Reeds"

This next installment of Rudy's"Reeds" is about preservation...Self Preservation.  It is said that as we grow older, the wiser we come to be...I happen to think this is complete rubbish.  In fact, I believe the older we get, the more set in our ways we become.  And when this happens, we tend to let our guards down.  This message may sound as though I am talking from an emotional stand point and not about fashion, and in some cases you are right.  But what I am really trying to convey to all of you is that some of those individuals in business we have grown to value, as well as those we hold dear in our personal lives may actually have alterior motives.

For some time now, I have tried my best to treat those I work with in a professional manner.  Yes because I consider myself nice, but moreso because I may need help with future projects of my own.  As of lately, two people that I thought were friends and reliable contacts have begun to show their true colors.  One of these people I have known for a few years, while the other I view as having great potential but needing guidance.

Recently my long time friend began asking me several questions and for contact information.  I thought this was fantastic because they were  being ambitious with their goals.  Unfortunately when I needed help, my "friend" acted as if my projects weren't as important.
 STRIKE ONE.

The second individual isn't as seasoned as the first so I got them  involved in many upcoming projects.  Some they participated in, and others they couldn't.  That's understandable.  The problem is that with particular  projects they managed to secure, they failed to invite me as well as others who assisted them in this achievement.  I wasn't expecting a plaque or anything, just a simple invitation to the events.  Am I wrong? STRIKE TWO. 

Bottom line people is when it comes to relations you have worked long and hard to build a trust in, consider keeping them to yourself.  Be weary of "climbers" because you never know if they are looking out for your best interest, or just themselves.  Models, if you know of a great photographer, you may want to keep that relationship close to you instead of spreading them info to the world.  You may loose out on work buy doing this.  Same goes for stylist, makeup artist and everyone else in the industry. 
GOOD LUCK.

***Special thanks To MultiTasking Photographer Jerris Madison for opening my eyes to such people .

Comments

Popular Posts