Snapped &Caught

 Timothy McKlusky
Timmy Kimmy ( my nickname for him) isn't this weeks Fashion Forward It-Guy simply because he is a dear buddy of mine, but because he is basically a walking book of knowledge when it comes to cutting edge attire.  Over the years, I have had the opportunity of seeing Tim reinvent himself time and time again, I can honestly say that I have appreciated them all.  FFM composed a few questions to allow you to learn more about him as well as hear some of his views when it comes to fashion.
  hails from New York, New York.  For as long as I have known   Timmy Kimmy( my nickname for him), he has been a walking book of knowledge when it comes to attire. 

Because New York is a city that never really sleeps, it is easy to get caught up in so much.  The down fall to this is that time has a tendency of going by so fast, it leaves you peeved that you didn't achieve all  you wanted or throws your schedule off.  I'm pleased to hear that Tim  seems to have mapped out a good path for his goals.  While currently working for Barneys on their men's contemporary sportswear floor, McKlusky  is also in school for Fashion Design for associates degree.  He then plans on receiving his bachelors in Costume Design,  and will eventually obtain his masters in Fashion History focusing on late 20th century street style.
 Although Tim has made it as one of the sites It-Guys, it doesn't mean that he necessarily shares the same views as the others when it comes to fashion.  And like always, I have particular questions that I ask of all of them.  Tim has admitted to having a strong disliking to "seeing guys in printed tees with distressed prints, the mc hammer like pants that have resurfaced, and the fashiony scarf thing." (Fashion Forward Men recognizes all these looks and consider them to be trends of the past that has come back around.  I would also like to add that just because certain looks have come back around that they shouldn't necessarily be worn... EVER AGAIN)

  When asked who some of his style icons are, McKlusky responded by mentioning Francois Sagat, Patrick Petitjean, Ray Petri, Simon Foxton, and Dash Snow.  Although some of these names given by T.M. may come as a shock to most, it makes me shutter with glee knowing that he sees things differently than a typical person would.

Because of McKlusky naming such obscure individuals as his personal style icons, I needed to know how he  described his own sense of style.  The scruffy faced, long tousled hair It-Guy described his look as "a modern day Jesus by way of Bernhard Willhelm."  

As I mentioned before, I have always loved Tim's sense of style.  I can recall the days of us working together and him running upstairs to my dept to show me his newest purchases, or latest gifts he had received from his long time partner Demetre.  Back then he loved Vivienne Westwood, and although she she is still one of his favorites, he has also added Gareth Pugh, Isabel Toledo,and The Blonds to the list.

Like the rest of the It-Guys, Tim is not only Fashion Forward, he is also focused.  Once done with his education, the fashionisto plans on starting up his own line, and will probably be listening to his favorite bands, The Klaxons, The Drums, Biffy Clyro, and MGMT while designing his creations. 

Comments

Popular Posts