Playing Catch Up

Sitting at my computer one day, I began to reflect on all of the previous talents I have interviewed in the past year.  Trying to keep the communication lines open, I thought of how much fun it would be to call a few of them and see what they were up to.  But there was a catch, I would only give them 3 minutes to summarize themselves.  I guess the fun was to be had only by me in this case because, every last one of them were preoccupied in some way, leaving them very little time to gather their thoughts.  

My first "victim" was JoJo Americo(pictured above).  As a man who wears many hats(both literally and figuratively), I was surprised that he answered the phone.  Not knowing how much time I had, I instantly told him the reason for my call.  "Hey JoJo, I am doing a recap on a few guys of Fashion Forward Men's past.  I would like you to tell me in 3 minutes about your past year.  GO!!!" Completely stunned, Mr. Americo attempted to speak, but only let out a number of stutters... So many  that one would assume that he had a speech impediment.  Keeping and eye on the clock while laughing, I finally was able to hear words that made sense.  
Describing the past year as being adventurous and crazy, JoJo explains that he has cut ties from his east village apartment in NYC, and has moved to the boogie down Bronx.  Kinda outta place to see him there, but I'm sure he had his reasons.  Hell we all know change is always good. 

Now speaking so fast, it sounds as if he is speaking in tongues, JoJo informs me that his band THE ONES are in the process of releasing another cd.  His accessories line 1919 is also taking off... Not even in existence a year, 1919's tribal inspired designs have already been place in a couple of boutiques.
 (pictured above:  Americo's 1919 accessories)

Before going on, I guess I should explain how I chose these particular individuals.  Some of these guys, I have known for years, and others I haven't.. But in all honesty, it was you, the readers who helped me choose.  All the guys in this piece has generated the most hits.  With that being said, it is obvious that you were intrigued, and for some, would love to know more.  

Taking a breather and a sip of my wine, it was time for me to go through my list of names and see which I wanted to taunt next.  With my pen landing on TOMIK DASH, I had my answer.
Or better yet, I didn't have my answer... After calling Tomik, his phone went to voice mail.  Could it be that he is still walking around Bloomingdales stalking a guy, trying to figure out if he fucked him (one of his most LEGENDARY twitter posts)???  I have no clue...  What I do know, is that he is still working as a hair colorist, doing shoots for his site http://vintageclothesdesignerdrugs.com/ and occasionally frequently going to Swinging Richards (male strip club), getting sloshed, and waking up with in his bed the next morning with half eaten fast food in one hand, and the other on his intimate parts.  LMAO!!! It's safe to assume that Mr.Dash is enjoying life. 

Being a trooper and attempting to honor my request was Elvis "Taco" Piedra(pictured above).  Sitting at home trying to recover from a bug that eventually forced him to go to the hospital, Piedra described his past year as being a blessed one.  Being the perfectionist he is, the motivated photographer confesses that he is constantly trying various style techniques which includes lighting.  He is also trying to tap into his most inner creative mind to come up with stories and concepts that have yet to be done by others.     After the three minute phone call was up, I received a text from E.P. demanding a redo.  Being the meaning I am, I said NO!!!
The most controversial of these men is Atlanta native Antino Crowley.  Jokingly establishing ourselves as frienemies since high school, Crowley has made the most extreme transition.  For most it may come as a shock, but for me, I find it typical Tino.

  No longer an employee of the Rick Owens store in New York, Crowley has set his sites on BIGGER things(yes, pun intended).  First came the drastic change in his appearance.  This Fashion Forward It-Guy went from being a skinny built, emotionally awkward teen, to a nicely chiseled-heavily tatted, outspoken man.  The physical characteristics weren't the only thing to change.  Crowley developed an alter ego named Angyl Valantino.  Practically leaving his entire past behind, Valantino now works in the adult entertainment industry. 

Last but certainly not least is Jerris Madison.  As a matter of fact, Madison has set the bar having the most hits since I have launched the site. 

My phone call with JayMad almost didn't happen.  The busy celebrity  photographer was just about to begin shooting.  Naturally he was trying his best to get off the phone, but I wasn't having it.  I told him it wouldn't take long and practically demanded he answered me.  Yeah I know... I was being a spoiled brat, but I was on a roll, and I wasn't calling people back.

  Continuously humble, Jerris explained that, although 2010 was life changing, he was gracious for all that was thrown his way.  Admitting he faced a bit of hurt this past year, Madison was determined to empower himself and make even more room to grow.  And from the looks of it, that's exactly what he has done...  Starting out of the 2011 gate with a bang, Madison teamed up with actor Brian White, releasing a 16 month calendar.
Always looking for for the next thing to involve himself with, we can be sure that JayMad will be announcing something huge really soon.

As always, be sure to check back with FFM to get the latest scoop. 
JOJO

TOMIK

ELVIS


ANTINO "ANGYL" CROWLEY


JERRIS MADISON

Comments

  1. Well done Rudy, It's nice to know I was your first!!!! Thanks xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. lmao.. you left me speechless for a second.. hahahaha. the pleasure was all mine

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts