SNAPPED & CAUGHT: CHARLES "CJ" HARRIS

Proving to be a free spirit in his own right, FFM catches up with CJ, our latest Fashion Forward-It Guy.  
As we close in on Spring, I wanted to start this year with an optimistic new start. 
I picked Charles as the latest It-Guy for a number of reasons.  As long as I have known CJ, he has always maintained a warm and positive outlook on life.  His carefree yet kind attitude practically draws any stranger in.  But what is also great about CJ, is that his attire alone embodies who he is.  Not one for being fussy,his wardrobe comes off as being stylish, clean, and effortless, or as I call it SWAG AT EASE.  


Another part to the reason of me choosing CJ in my latest write up, was because of his recent relocation.  The former Floridan, by way of Detroit, is now residing in Canada.  I thought it would be interesting getting his take on his personal style, as well as places he has lived. 

For the past two years of him living in Canada, CJ has had nothing but nice things to say about our Northern counterparts.  I have always thought that change was good.  With change, we gain more insight regarding  various views/opinions.  And when asked about the differences between the two countries sense of style, CJ seemed to be quite vocal in his own personal opinion. 
"By far Canadians have proven to be more fashion forward than their American counterparts. The style here is more tailored to accent those features you are proud
of, and embellish what’s not as prominent for the consumer. Again… The French influence isn’t just the wine…it’s for sure in the details of this countries clothing and style."  
Not necessarily one for a typical structured look, our latest It-Guy describes his style in a way that I found to be very smart. 
 "I believe my style is relaxed with a splash of skater. Every now and then it’s sleek but always simple. The clothing is the accessory …I should always be the main attraction."
  
One way of allowing the main focus to be on him instead of the clothes is due to CJ's love of fitness.  For him, fitness isn't just for physical strength, but also mental as well.  Being the health nut he is, he explains how he loves to run  year round, schedules time for meditation and spiritual nourishment, and also teeters back and forth with roller and ice blading, depending on the season.  Don't let this aggressive workout fool you, I know first hand that CJ is not a stranger to a strong drink.

Showing just how eclectic he is,  Charles named a heavily diverse list of individuals, when asked to name a few of his Fashion Icons.  
"Eric Benet for me was iconic with his blend of earthy wear and natural hair. George Michael’s choices of leather and dark hues made him a stand alone among male celebrities. As of late…Kanye West androgynous looks gets my attention, and course Lenny Kravitz has been a fashion leader for years in my opinion. His energy and creativity is in every facet…including his clothing. From jeans and t-shirt’s to funky boots and ripped tops…Kravitz wins." 
 
Although I can't see CJ necessarily dressing like any of the above gentlemen, with the exception of Benet, I applaud him for simply being able to recognize style and individuality.  Can I see hints of CJ in all of them? Sure... Hints of each of these celebs can fit anywhere in a collection of Calvin Klein.  Its probably why CJ names the designer as his favorite.  Aside from Klein, there is Bustle Clothing...  Created in 2002 by Shawn Hewson(Designer Judge on Project Runway Canada) and Ruth Promislow, Bustle aesthetic is about having clean structured lines, tailored fits with a splash of pizazz.                                                                                        
Though this Fashion Forward Man comes across as the quiet confident type, his long locks are another part of him that makes a very loud statement of who he is.  Growing them for a decade now, CJ saw this as a revelation. "Birthed out of rebellion against the all day barbershop grind that made me resentful. Didn’t care to hear patrons stories, nor did I care to buy street product while I waited my turn. In locking…I found freedom," he explains.  
 
 Considering himself, a nerd who has a bad habit of cussing,  Harris is currently freelancing  as a model when not working on his business ventures and working with charitable organizations. 

Comments

  1. Great article...Great model!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This guy is a totally awesome person (and friend) and YES is definitely very AMAZING looking!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting, i will certainly take a look at the new blog!

    Designer mens clothing

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts